“I believe in raw and unapologetic determination, never settling for second best and the passion for living in the now.”
3 things I believe with my whole heart.
- I don’t believe in good enough or settling for something that doesn’t make you happy.
- I believe with determination and persistence; YOU CAN do anything
- And the universe WILL present you with a challenge which you think you cannot handle. Sometimes they may seem incredibly tough but when you feel like giving up – refer to item #2. Never, ever give up.
I’ve come to realize that my life isn’t all that easy and it’s 100% my fault because of I refuse to settle. Ok – here’s my 2-minute backstory…
I had built a successful tech business, had employees working away and basically had a really cushy life. In at 9 and out by 4 (2:30 but whose counting)… Conforming to the social standards, as many do, I was married, bought a house, had a few kids… And then the day after Father’s Day, 2008, a police officer walked into my office and told me that my 3-month old daughter (Quinn) was dead. It was S.I.D.S. It was the hardest day of my life. Everyone deals with a tragedy in their own way and through my grieving – I realized that I was comfortable but not happy. Comfortable is dangerous, comfortable is toxic and if you are one to settle – you’ll die comfortable but never truly HAPPY.
I’m a gadget guy. I like technology, toys and all the latest stuff. I went through a period where I was building furniture on the week nights and weekends. I have an incredibly wild imagination, detailed vision, ideas or call it whatever you want. I just have a way of making things happen. I can see the finished project in my head the moment I get started. I have deep need to create that vision and have been know to scale the walls to make it happen (seriously – it’s on Instagram). I lust for the challenge and sit back and revere my accomplishments, criticize my shortcomings and learn from my mistakes. This extends beyond my world of photography into the design and build of my studio(s), furniture, websites, sales processes, software design and every other aspect of my life.
Just before Quinn was born, I bought a new camera. Nothing fancy (remember this was in 2007/8 so Andre Agassi was still on the Canon commercials). I took a photo of my older daughter laying in the grass – looked ok on the back of the camera. I downloaded it a few months after Quinn passed away and instantly had a vision. I wanted, no I was going to become a photographer. I want to make images that move you, make an impact. That impact is something you’ll have for the rest of your life. I didn’t get to have that moment with Quinn, I think that’s what also drives me. Everyone NEEDS that feeling, moment, that memory.
I believe that life is a series of moments in time that are all too valuable to waste. Do something with every moment. Make memories because that’s what life is about, it’s not about things… it’s about living… living every moment. I invite you to spend a few moments in front of the camera with me and we’ll create something amazing!
Get to know Robb…
I find it incredibly difficult talking about myself so maybe just some random facts about me will help you get a sense of who I am.
- I wanted to be a gymnast when I was little.
- I am a licensed skydiver and have never once been scared of jumping out of the plane. It’s actually more frightening landing in the plane!
- I watched a movie about a 110 mile mountain biking race in Colorado (Leadville100), signed up the next day and competed in the race later that same year… One of the hardest things I’ve ever done.
- I have 3 tattoos (and plans for a lot more)
- I dream of opening a pizza restaurant someday.
- Sunsets make me cry.
- I tried to make beer, I failed miserably and decided to just be a consumer.
- My kids (while they drive me crazy) are my world.